Our debt markets teams are located in the major financial centres of London, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and Sydney. Westpac provides a complete range of innovative funding solutions through all of the opportunities and challenges of market cycles.
Our Debt market capabilities
Global capital markets
The team is responsible for the pricing, risk management and distribution of all interest rate, credit and structured products providing consistently high quality execution for our customers.
The team provides the following solutions:
- Rate Markets
- Credit Markets
- Structured Products and Solutions
- Corporate Derivatives.
The team is responsible for all loans for the banks corporate and institutional customers – in addition to managing syndicated loans from origination through to distribution, they are also responsible for Club and Bilateral facilities.
Working closely with corporate and institutional banking coverage team, we provide financing solutions for our customers in the region, manage secondary market asset purchases and sales as well as distribution of Australian loan assets to the banks investor base across Asia.
Structured and Asset Finance
The Westpac structured and asset finance team is responsible for providing Westpac customers with bespoke, non-vanilla capital and funding solutions. The experienced structured and asset finance team with expert staff in Australia, New Zealand and Singapore – is broadly focused in the following 4 areas:
- Structured Securities (examples include RMBS, ABS, CMBS, Secured, Covered warehouses and Bonds etc)
- Structured Finance (examples include Trade, Factored, Dealer floorplan, Equipment/Vehicle, consumer finance receivables etc)
- Structured Asset Finance (examples include Aircraft, Marine, Shipping, Yellow Goods, Industrial equipment etc)
- Portfolio Asset Finance (examples include fleet vehicles, Computers, Technology, Plant and Equipment, Rail and Rolling stock etc).
Asset classes which we fund and have structured include:
- Trade receivables
- Reverse and small ticket commercial mortgages
- Insurance premium loans
- Consumer finance assets
- Credit cards
- Margin loans
- Dealer floor plan assets
- Auto and equipment hire purchase assets
- Operating leases
- Inventory assets
Our team of leasing specialists has extensive experience in arranging and structuring equipment financing solutions across a full range of products including:
- Corporate hire purchase
- Finance leases
- Operating leases
- Vendor financing
- Lease receivables financing
- Tripartite agreements.
Fixed Term Deposits
Westpac Fixed Term Deposits offer competitive yields and the ease of managing liquidity, all backed by the financial strength and trusted reputation of the Westpac Banking Corporation. Standard & Poor’s short and long-term ratings for the Group are A-1+ and AA- respectively1.
Our Fixed Term deposits allow better aligned coupon payments with cash flow requirements, with the flexibility to choose coupon payment frequency (monthly, quarterly, twice yearly or annually). They also provide certainty of return through volatile market periods where the interest rate yield curve may change significantly, of particular value when interest rates fall. Offered in a range of currencies across our branches in Singapore, Hong Kong, India and China.
Things you should know
1. Standard & Poor’s long term issuer rating. Current as at 31 March 2014.